This is one of the 10 symposia taking planned for Pharmacology 2013 - the next BPS annual winter meeting, to be held Tuesday 17th - Thursday 19th December, 2013 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in
The following 5 themes will be addressed during the symposium:
- microcirculation pharmacology and therapeutic targets by Professor Chris Garland,
University of Oxford, UK;
- leukocyte trafficking through microvessels: emergence of novel anti-inflammatory therapeutic avenues by Professor Sussan Nourshargh, Queen Mary University of London
- new approaches for modulating retinal angiogenesis by Professor Alan Stitt, Queen’s University Belfast, UK;
- pharmacological approaches for reducing risk of microvascular stroke
syndromes by Professor Donald Singer,
of Warwick, UK
- microvascular targets in oncology by Professor Kristian Pietras,
University of Lund, Sweden.
Abstracts are welcome for Pharmacology 2013 on this microcirculation theme, in addition to the wide range of themes relevant to the spectrum of pharmacology from bench to bedside, disease prevention and beyond.
Pharmacology 2013 (formerly the BPS Winter Meeting) attracts around 800 scientists each year, from throughour the
from across Europe and from overseas. The
meeting includes a selection of topical symposia, plenary lectures, free oral
communications and poster sessions which cover the many aspects of pharmacology
from basic to clinical science.
Abstracts and registration for Pharmacology 2013 will open in early Autumn 2013.